Compliance with the Clery Act can be daunting, adding VAWA, Title IX, and the California Education Code in the mix can be overwhelming. This course is designed to breakdown the parts of compliance, who needs to be involved, timelines for requirements, and policy requirements. The bottom-line of the Clery Act is Campus Safety.
This training will encompass:
- The basic requirements of the Clery Act.
- Overview of the just released 2016 Clery Handbook.
- Campus Security Authority Training (CSA) to address the mandated annual CSA training requirement.
- Attendees will participate in scenario based training.
- Overview of awareness program requirements and development.
- Connection between the Clery Act, VAWA, and Title IX.
The goal of the training is for attendees to leave with an understanding of:
- The basic requirements of Clery
- Be able to determine who within their institution is a CSA, and the role of the CSA.
- How to determine campus Geography and request statistics from other agencies
- Developing a collaborative relationship within the institution for compliance with the Clery Act.
- Sample reporting forms.
- Available resources to help with Clery Act Compliance.
When: Friday, September 23, 2016
Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Where: Irvine Valley College
Cost: $ 60.00
For more information, see the flyer at http://ccupca.com/training/ccupca-csa-training-9-23-2016/ or contact Karen Boguta-Reeve at firstname.lastname@example.org